Postdoctoral research fellowship in Biostatistics, Indiana University, USA, 04/2014 to 08/2015
Ph.D. in Biostatistics, University of Athens, Greece, 2014
M.S. in Biostatistics, University of Athens, Greece, 2007
B.S. in Public Health, Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece, 2004
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biostatistics, Indiana University Fairbanks School of Public Health and School of Medicine, USA, 01/2017 to present
Visiting Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biostatistics, Indiana University School of Medicine and Fairbanks School of Public Health, USA, 09/2015 to 12/2016
Research Associate, Dept. of Hygiene, Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, University of Athens, Greece, 11/2013 to 02/2014
- Research Associate, Dept. of Hygiene, Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, University of Athens, Greece, 10/2006 to 12/2012
Department of Biostatistics
Indiana University School of Medicine
410 West 10th Street, Suite 3000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
email: gbakogia [at] iu.edu
Tel: (317) 278-5457
Dr. Bakoyannis' methodological research is focused on the analysis of survival and competing risks data, with a special emphasis on issues commonly arizing in biomedical and clinical research, such as missing data, outcome misclassification and interval censoring. Dr. Bakoyannis is also interested in longitudinal data analysis. The motivation for his past and current methodological research came from various collaborative research projects in which he participared as a biostatistician, mainly in the field of HIV/AIDS epidemiology.
Additionally, Dr. Bakoyannis is interested in collaborative research in a majority of biomedical and clinical fields including but not limited to HIV/AIDS, cancer and other chronic diseases, Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology and health-related behavioral issues.
- Bakoyannis G. and Touloumi G. Impact of dependent left truncation in semiparametric competing risks methods: A simulation study. Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation, Accepted.
- Bakoyannis G. and Yiannoutsos C. T. Impact of and correction for outcome misclassification in cumulative incidence estimation. PLOS ONE 2015; 10(9): e0137454.
- Bakoyannis G. and Touloumi G. Practical methods for competing risks data: A review. Statistical Methods in Medical Research 2012; 21(3):257-272.
- Bakoyannis G., Siannis F. and Touloumi G. Modelling competing risks data with missing cause of failure. Statistics in Medicine 2010; 29(30):3172-3185.
- Pressler S. J., Harrison J., Titler M., Koelling T. M., Jung M., Dorsey S. G., Bakoyannis G., Riley P. L., Hoyland-Domenico L. and Giordani B. APOE ε4 and Memory among Patients with Heart Failure. Western Journal of Nursing Research, Accepted.
- Miller W., Weaver M. T., Bakoyannis G., Bakas T., Buelow J. and Sabau D. Psychometric testing of the life changes in epilepsy scale. Journal of Nursing Measurement, Accepted.
- Rachlis B., Bakoyannis G., Easterbrook P., Genberg B., Braithwaite R.S., Cohen C.R., Bukusi E.A., Kambugu A., Bwana M.B., Somi G.R. and Geng E.H. Facility-Level Factors Influencing Retention of Patients in HIV Care in East Africa. PLOS ONE 2016, 11(8): e0159994.
- Bartlett Ellis R. J., Bakoyannis G., Haase J. E., Boyer K. and Carpenter J. S. Patient Perceptions of Provider and Hospital Factors Associated with New Medication Communication. Western Journal of Nursing Research 2016: 0193945916645097.
- Argyriou E., Bakoyannis G. and Tantaros S. Parenting styles and trait emotional intelligence in adolescence. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology 2016, 57:42-49.
- Fotiou C., Vlastarakos P. V., Bakoula C., Papagaroufalis K., Bakoyannis G., Darviri C. and Chrousos G. Parental stress management using relaxation techniques in a neonatal intensive care unit: A randomised controlled trial. Intensive and Critical Care Nursing 2016, 32:20-28.
- Alexopoulos E. C., Argyriou E., Bourna V. and Bakoyannis G. Reliability and validity of the Greek version of the Job Content Questionnaire in Greek health care workers. Safety and Health at Work 2015, 6(3):233-239.
- Anagnostou O., Manolakopoulos S., Bakoyannis G., Papatheodoridis G., Zisouli A., Raptopoulou-Gigi M., Manesis E., Ketikoglou I., Dalekos G., Gogos C., Vassiliadis T., Tzourmakliotis D., Karatapanis S., Kanatakis S., Zoumpoulis P., Hounta A., Koutsounas S., Giannoulis G., Tassopoulos N., Touloumi G. Genotype 4 HCV infection is difficult to cure with pegylated interferon and ribavirin. Results from a Greek nationwide cohort study. Hippokratia 2014; 18(1):57-64.
- Paraskevis D., Touloumi G., Bakoyannis G., Paparizos V., Lazanas M., Gargalianos P., Chryssos G., Antoniadou A., Psichogiou M., Panos G., Katsarou O., Sambatakou H., Kordossis T., Hatzakis A. on behalf of AMACS. Effect of HIV-1 subtype on virological and immunological response to cART: Evidence for a more rapid viral suppression for subtype A than subtype B infected Greek individuals. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses 2013; 29(3):461-469.
- Alexopoulos E.C., Bouros D., Dimadi M., Serbescu A., Bakoyannis G., Kokkinis F.P. Comparative analysis of induced sputum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) profile in asbestos exposed workers. Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology 2011; 6:23.
- Mussini C., Touloumi G., Bakoyannis G., Sabin C., Castagna A., Sighinolfi L., Erikson L.E., Bratt G., Borghi V., Lazzarin A., Cossarizza A., Esposito R. Magnitude and determinants of CD4 recovery following HAART resumption after CD4-guided treatment interruption. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 2009; 52(5):588-594.
- Alexopoulos E.C., Kavadi Z., Bakoyannis G. and Papantonopoulos S. Subjective risk assessment and perception in the Greek and English bakery industries. Journal of Environmental and Public Health 2009; 2009: Article ID 891754, 8 pages.
- Alexopoulos E.C, Konstantinou E.C, Bakoyannis G., Tanagra D., Burdorf A. Risk factors for sickness absence due to low back pain and prognostic factors for return to work in a cohort of shipyard workers. European Spine Journal 2008; 17(9):1185-1192.