Peking University, Beijing, China, B.S. (Statistics), 2004
University of Iowa, US, Ph.D. (Statistics), 2009
2013 - present Assistant Professor, Indiana University School of Medicine
2009 - 2013 Assistant Research Professor, Indiana University School of Medicine
Hai Liu, Ph.D.
Department of Biostatistics
Indiana University School of Medicine and
Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health
410 West 10th Street, Suite 3000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 274-2580
Email: liuhai at iu.edu
My statistical methodological research has been focused on generalized additive model, semiparametric regression and longitudinal data analysis. I also enjoy collaborating in various areas including HIV/AIDS, behavioral and psychiatric studies, dementia, as well as ecology and environmental statistics.
- Liu, H. and Tu, W. (2012) A Semiparametric Regression Model for Paired Longitudinal Outcomes with Application in Childhood Blood Pressure Development. Annals of Applied Statistics, 6(4), 1861-1882. DOI: 10.1214/12-AOAS567
- Liu, H., Ma, S., Kronmal, R. and Chan, K.S. (2012) Semiparametric Zero-Inflated Modeling in Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA). Annals of Applied Statistics, 6(3) 1236-1255. DOI: 10.1214/11-AOAS534
- Liu, H. and Chan, K.S. (2011) Generalized Additive Models for Zero-Inflated Data with Partial Constraints. Scandinavian Journal of Statistic, 38(4) 650-665. DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-9469.2011.00748.x
- Liu, H., Ciannelli, L., Decker, M. B., Ladd, C. and Chan, K.S. (2011) Nonparametric Threshold Model of Zero-Inflated Spatio-Temporal Data with Application to Shifts in Jellyfish Distribution. Journal of Agricultural, Biological, and Environmental Statistics, 16(2), 185-201. DOI: 10.1007/s13253-010-0044-4
- Liu, H. and Chan, K.S. (2010) Introducing COZIGAM: An R Package for Unconstrained and Constrained Zero-Inflated Generalized Additive Model Analysis. Journal of Statistical Software, 35(11), 1-26. URL: http://www.jstatsoft.org/v35/i11/
- Liu, H., Gao, S., Hall, K. S., Unverzagt, F. W., Lane, K. A, Callahan, C. M. and Hendrie, H. C. (2013) Optimal Blood Pressure for Cognitive Function: Findings from an Elderly African-American Cohort Study. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 61(6), 875-881. DOI: 10.1111/jgs.12259
- Nyandiko, W., Vreeman, R., Liu, H., Shangani, S., Sang, E., Ayaya, S. and Brainsten, P. (2013) Non-Adherence to Clinic Appointments among Children in an Ambulatory Care Program in Western Kenya. JAIDS, 63(2), E49-E55. DOI: 10.1097/QAI.0b013e31828e1e2c
- Ayuo, P., Musick, B., Liu, H., Braitstein, P., Nyandiko, W. M., Otieno-Nyunya, B., Gardner, A. and Wools-Kaloustian, K. (2013) Frequency and Factors Associated with Adherence to and Completion of Combination Antiretroviral Therapy (cART) for Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) in Western Kenya. Journal of the International AIDS Society, 16:17994.
- Fitzgerald, G. J., Liu, H. and Morzorati, S. L. (2012) Decreased Sensitivity of NMDA Receptors on Dopaminergic Neurons from the Posterior Ventral Tegmental Area Following Chronic Nondependent Alcohol Consumption. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 36(10), 1710-1719. DOI: 10.1111/j.1530-0277.2012.01762.x
- Bell, A.J., Wools-Kaloustian, K., Kimaiyo, S., Liu, H., Katschke, A., Shen, C., Simiyu, G., Musick, B.S., Sidle, J., Siika, A. and Braitstein, P. (2012) Short-Term Rationing of Combination Antiretroviral Therapy (cART): Impact on Morbidity, Mortality, and Loss to Follow-Up in A Large HIV Treatment Program in Western Kenya. AIDS Research and Treatment, 2012, 814564
- Nurnberger, J., McInnis, M., Reich, W., Kastelic, E., Wilcox, H., Glowinski, A., Mitchell, P., Fisher, C., Erpe, M., Gershon, E., Berrettini, W., Laite, G., Schweitzer, R., Rhoadarmer, K., Coleman, V., Cai, X., Azzouz, F., Liu, H., Kamali, M., Brucksch, C. and Monahan, P. (2011) A High-Risk Study of Bipolar Disorder: Childhood Clinical Phenotypes as Precursors of Major Mood Disorders, Archives of General Psychiatry, 68(10), 1012-1020.
- Schilling, K. E., Chan, K.S., Liu, H. and Zhang, Y.K. (2010) Quantifying the Effect of Land Cover Land Use Change on Increasing Discharge in the Upper Mississippi River. Journal of Hydrology, 387(3-4), 343-345.
PBHL G651: Introduction to Biostatistics I
BIOS 612: Modern Regression Methods