Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, Ph.D. (Statistics), 2009
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, M.S. (Mathematical Statistics), 2006
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, M.S. (Statistics, Biomedical Concentration), 2000
Ball State University, Muncie, IN, B.S. (Mathematics/Statistics and Actuarial Science), 1994
2009-present Assistant Research Professor, Indiana University School of Medicine
2001-2004 Biostatistician, Indiana University School of Medicine
2000-2001 Statistician, Eli Lilly and Company
Summer 1999 Statistics Intern, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
2009 Nomininated as Graduate Student Scholar by Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering, West Lafayette, IN
2004 Received NSF Vertical Integration of Research and Education (VIGRE) Fellowship, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
My research areas include multivariate modeling of semi-continuous data, latent class models with conditional dependence as applied to the area of record linkage, and joint modeling of medical costs and survival with data from complex surveys.
I have been involved in a vast array of research projects in areas such as cancer, dentistry, behavioral oncology, and more recently in record linkage and health services research. I also collaborate with data management and health service researchers at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center.
1. Daggy J, Xu H, Hui S, Grannis S. Evaluating latent class models with conditional dependence in record linkage. Statistics in Medicine. 2014; 33(24) : 4250-4265.
2. Daggy JK, Xu H, Hui SL, Gamache RE, Grannis SJ. A practical approach for incorporating dependence among fields in probabilistic record linkage. BMC medical informatics and decision making. 2013; 13(1):97.
3. Xu H, Daggy JK, Yu D, Craig BA and Sands L. Joint modeling of medical cost and survival in complex sample surveys. Statistics in Medicine. 2013; 32(9): 1509-1523.
4. Daggy JD, Thomas III J and Craig BA. Modeling Correlated Healthcare Costs. Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research. 2011; 11: 101-11.
5. Daggy J, Lawley M, Willis D, et al. Using no-show modeling to improve clinic performance. Health Informatics Journal. 2010; 16: 246-59.
6. Menon U, Champion V, Monahan PO, Daggy J, Hui S and Skinner CS. Health belief model variables as predictors of progression in stage of mammography adoption. Am J Health Promot.
7. Tepper RS, Williams-Nkomo T, Martinez T, Kisling J, Coates C and Daggy J. Parental smoking and airway reactivity in healthy infants. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 171: 78-82.
8. Ranieri JM, Wagner JD, Wiebke EA, Azuaje R, Smith ML, Wenck S, Daggy J, Coleman, JJ, 3rd. Lack of prognostic importance of reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction detection of circulating messenger RNA in patients with melanoma. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 115: 1058-63.
9. Poulos CK, Daggy JK and Cheng L. Preoperative prediction of Gleason grade in radical prostatectomy specimens: the influence of different Gleason grades from multiple positive biopsy sites. Mod Pathol. 2005; 18: 228-34.
10. Kernek KM, Koch MO, Daggy JK, Juliar BE and Cheng L. The presence of benign prostatic glandular tissue at surgical margins does not predict PSA recurrence. J Clin Pathol. 2005; 58: 725-8.
11. Emerson RE, Koch MO, Jones TD, Daggy JK, Juliar BE and Cheng L. The influence of extent of surgical margin positivity on prostate specific antigen recurrence. J Clin Pathol. 2005; 58: 1028-32.
12. Emerson RE, Koch MO, Daggy JK and Cheng L. Closest distance between tumor and resection margin in radical prostatectomy specimens: lack of prognostic significance. Am J Surg Pathol. 2005; 29: 225-9.
13. Crow HC, Parks E, Campbell JH, Stucki DS and Daggy J. The utility of panoramic radiography in temporomandibular joint assessment. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2005; 34: 91-5.
14. Burns DS, Sledge RB, Fuller LA, Daggy JK and Monahan PO. Cancer patients' interest and preferences for music therapy. J Music Ther. 2005; 42: 185-99.
15. Saywell RM, Jr., Champion VL, Skinner CS, Menon U and Daggy J. A cost-effectiveness comparison of three tailored interventions to increase mammography screening. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2004; 13: 909-18.
16. Poulos CK, Koch MO, Eble JN, Daggy JK and Cheng L. Bladder neck invasion is an independent predictor of prostate-specific antigen recurrence. Cancer. 2004; 101: 1563-8.
17. Poulos CK, Daggy JK and Cheng L. Prostate needle biopsies: multiple variables are predictive of final tumor volume in radical prostatectomy specimens. Cancer. 2004; 101: 527-32.
18. Ng JC, Koch MO, Daggy JK and Cheng L. Perineural invasion in radical prostatectomy specimens: lack of prognostic significance. J Urol. 2004; 172: 2249-51.
19. Kahl CA, Marsh J, Fyffe J, Sanders DA and Cornetta K. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1-derived lentivirus vectors pseudotyped with envelope glycoproteins derived from Ross River virus and Semliki Forest virus. J Virol. 2004; 78: 1421-30.
20. Davidson D, Saha C, Scifres S, Fyffe J, O'Connor S and Selzer C. Naltrexone and brief counseling to reduce heavy drinking in hazardous drinkers. Addict Behav. 2004; 29: 1253-8.
21. Brashear A, McAfee AL, Kuhn ER and Fyffe J. Botulinum toxin type B in upper-limb poststroke spasticity: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 705-9.
22. von Pechmann WS, Mutone M, Fyffe J and Hale DS. Total colpocleisis with high levator plication for the treatment of advanced pelvic organ prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 121-6.
23. Eichelberger LE, Koch MO, Daggy JK, Ulbright TM, Eble JN and Cheng L. Predicting tumor volume in radical prostatectomy specimens from patients with prostate cancer. Am J Clin Pathol. 2003; 120: 386-91.
24. Hanna N, Brooks JA, Fyffe J and Kesler K. A retrospective analysis comparing patients 70 years or older to patients younger than 70 years with non-small-cell lung cancer treated with surgery at Indiana university: 1989-1999. Clin Lung Cancer. 2002; 3: 200-4.
25. Turkcan A, Nuti L, DeLaurentis P-C, et al. No-show Modeling for Adult Ambulatory Clinics. In: Denton B, ed. Handbook of Healthcare Operations Management: Methods and Applications: Springer; 2013.
G651 Introduction to Biostatistics